If your webhook is not sending notifications as you expect, use the following steps to troubleshoot your webhook configuration.
Testing your webhook
To test your webhook, do the following:
- Click the three-dot Admin Tools menu and select Alert Webhoks from the dropdown.
- In the Alert Webhooks table, click the gear icon beside the webhook you want to test and click Edit. The webhook configuration page opens.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Test to send a request to the configured API endpoint.
- Navigate to your API endpoint and check whether it received the request.
Troubleshooting your webhook configuration
Do the following to ensure your webhook is set up correctly.
- Ensure you have checked the checkbox for Enabled at the bottom of the webhook configuration page.
- If you expect to receive notifications for both when a check fails and when it comes back online, ensure you have both notifications configured under Triggers.
- Ensure the webhook is assigned to the check or checks you want to monitor. For instructions, see "Add your webhook to a check" in How do I send alerts to a custom endpoint? Note that the failure notification only sends when the check reaches the failure threshold selected under Notify in the check settings.
Troubleshooting your API endpoint
Do the following to ensure your API endpoint is compatible with the webhook.
- Ensure your API endpoint accepts JSON-formatted data.
- If your API endpoint requires authentication, ensure that you have the correct request headers listed under Headers in the webhook configuration page.