Create a new Alert Webhook
To set up a webhook in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, do the following:
- In Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, click on the three-dot Admin Tools menu and select Alert Webhooks.
- Click +New and select Custom. The New Custom Endpoint wizard opens.
- Under Name, provide a name for your webhook.
- Under Header, click +Add Request Header and enter an authentication token for the API endpoint you are using.
- Under Triggers, select a trigger for your notification (either "when failed" or "when back online") from the dropdown.
- Paste your API endpoint url into the box that says Webhook URL.
- (optional) Click JSON to open the JSON request body for the API request that will be sent upon the trigger event. Edit the JSON as needed to suit your workflow and then click Save.
- (optional) Under Triggers, repeat steps 6-8 for the other trigger option (either "when failed" or "when back online," whichever you did not use in the first trigger).
- Click Test test your webhook by sending a request to the API endpoint.
- Click Create to save the webhook.
Add your webhook to a check
You need to add your webhook to each check you want to send notifications from. To add your webhook to a check, do the following:
- Navigate to a check in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, click the gear icon, and select Edit from the dropdown.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Under Notify, select your desired notification trigger.
- Under Recipients, select your new webhook from the dropdown.
- Adjust the additional settings to your preferences.
- Click Save.
With the webhook set-up, Rigor alerts will trigger POST requests to the specified endpoints.