Set up the integration in HipChat
Log in to HipChat and go to ‘Rooms’
- Select the room to receive alert notifications from Splunk Synthetic Monitoring (formerly Rigor) and click ‘Integrations’ in the left menu
Click the Find New tab and click Create under Build Your Own!
- Name the integration and click Create.
Copy the auto-generated integration URL and click Save.
Set up the Alert Webhook in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring
- In Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, go to Admin > Alert Webhooks > + New and click HipChat.
- Under Name, provide a name for your webhook.
- Under Triggers, select a trigger for your notification (either "when failed" or "when back online") from the dropdown.
- Paste the HipChat integration URL you copied in step 5 above into the Webhook URL field for each trigger.
- (optional) Click JSON to open the JSON request body for the API request that will be sent to HipChat upon the trigger event. Edit the JSON as needed and then click Save.
- (optional) Under Triggers, repeat steps 6-8 for the other trigger option (either "when failed" or "when back online," whichever you did not use in the first trigger).
- Click Test test your webhook by sending a request to the HipChat API endpoint.
- Click Create to save the webhook.
Add your webhook to a Splunk Synthetic Monitoring check
You need to add your webhook to each check you want to send notifications from. To add your webhook to a check, do the following:
- Navigate to a check in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, click the gear icon, and select Edit from the dropdown.
- Under Notify, select your new webhook from the dropdown. Use the second toggle menu to select your desired notification frequency.
- Click Save.
With the webhook set up, alerts from this check will post notifications to HipChat.