You need to have a paid, 'Standard' Slack plan to integrate notifications from Splunk Synthetic Monitoring using a webhook.
Add an Alert Webhook in Slack
Log in to Slack and go to Integrations.
Click Incoming WebHooks.
Select the Slack channel in which you'd like to receive alerts and click Add Incoming WebHooks Integration.
Copy the Webhook URL for the new incoming webhook to your clipboard.
Set up the Alert Webhook in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring
- In Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, go to Admin > Alert Webhooks > + New and click Slack.
- Under Name, provide a name for your webhook.
- Under Triggers, select a trigger for your notification (either "when failed" or "when back online") from the dropdown.
- Paste the webhook URL you copied in step 4 above into the Webhook URL field for each trigger.
- (optional) Click JSON to open the JSON request body for the API request that will be sent to HipChat upon the trigger event. Edit the JSON as needed and then click Save.
- (optional) Under Triggers, repeat steps 6-8 for the other trigger option (either "when failed" or "when back online," whichever you did not use in the first trigger).
- Click Test test your webhook by sending a request to the Slack API endpoint.
- Click Create to save the webhook.
Add your webhook to a check
You need to add your webhook to each check you want to send notifications from. To add your webhook to a check, do the following:
- Navigate to a check in Splunk Synthetic Monitoring, click the gear icon, and select Edit from the dropdown.
- Click the Notifications tab.
- Under Notify, select your desired notification trigger.
- Under Recipients, select your new webhook from the dropdown.
- Adjust the additional settings to your preferences.
- Click Save.
With the webhook set up, Splunk Synthetic Monitoring alerts post notifications to Slack: