Comparison Reports are a great way to compare multiple Real Browser checks against a baseline so that you can track and trend over time. You can compare any of the metrics We capture for Real Browser checks, such as Onload, Visually Complete, or Start Render. Some popular use cases for this report would be comparing third party vs. no third party, production vs. staging, or desktop vs. mobile.
In the report, you can export everything as a CSV and view your comparisons in a variety of ways, such as:
- By location, country, world region
- Over a designated time period
- By specific pages (i.e. all homepages)
How to Create a Comparison Report
- In the side menu, click Reports > New > +Comparison Report
- Name the report
- Click +Add Real Browser Check to select as many checks as you want to compare
- Optional: Select a check to be the baseline (recommended)
- Optional: If you have long check names, you can give them "nicknames" to make for easier viewing in the report (recommended)
- Select a Date Range
- Select a Metric to compare. You can find our metrics glossary here
- Select an aggregate (i.e. Median, Average, Max, etc.)
- Optional: Select locations specific to show. By default, we’ll show all locations from which the checks ran.
How to Read a Comparison Report
- Metrics Overview table: A high-level overview of your data
- Daily Overall Performance: Compare checks by time. If a baseline is selected, you’ll see the % differences below the chart.
- In the below example, excluding 3rd parties reduces the visually complete time by 69.21%. The calculation for % difference is: (value - baseline_value) / baseline_value * 100
- Click into a data point on the chart to enter the Performance KPIs report: From there, you can drill down to a specific run or waterfall chart and download a CSV of run-level data.