Selenium IDE is currently supported by older versions of Firefox. To continue using Selenium IDE as a script recorder for Rigor Real Browser Checks and scripted Optimization scans you can use an Extended Support Release (ESR) of Firefox, such as ESR version 52.
- To get started with Firefox ESR 52 visit the following URL: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/
- Next select “Download Firefox ESR” and pick the version appropriate to your country region, language, and operating system.
- Download and install as you normally would for any web-downloaded application as per your OS recommendations.
- If you already have a different version of Firefox on your computer, you will be prompted to either keep or replace that version with ESR 52. Select “Keep Both” and rename ESR from “Firefox” to “Firefox 52”. This will help you differentiate between the two versions.
- After installation is complete, immediately visit “Preferences” in Firefox ESR 52 and click on the “Advanced” subheading and navigate to the “Update” tab. Check the box next to “Never check for updates.”
- This is important because it will prevent ESR 52 from upgrading to a more modern version of Firefox, which would eliminate Selenium IDE compatibility.
Please note that, due to the possible security risks of using a backdated browser, ESR 52 should only be used for creating Rigor scripts. We do not recommend that using it for general browsing.