Selenium IDE is currently supported by older versions of Firefox. To continue using Selenium IDE as a script recorder for Rigor Real Browser Checks and scripted Optimization scans you can use an Extended Support Release (ESR) of Firefox, such as 'ESR version 45'.
- To get started with Firefox ESR 45 visit the following URL and download the appropriate version for your operating system: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/45.9.0esr/
- Next, visit this URL and download Selenium IDE: https://a9t9.com/howto/getseleniumide
- If you already have a different version of Firefox on your computer, you will be prompted to either keep or replace that version with ESR 45. Select “Keep Both” and rename ESR from “Firefox” to “Rigor Script Recorder”. This will help you differentiate between the two versions.
- After installation is complete, immediately visit “Preferences” in Firefox ESR 45 and click on the “Advanced” subheading and navigate to the “Update” tab. Check the box next to “Never check for updates.”
- This is important because it will prevent ESR 45 from upgrading to a more modern version of Firefox, which would eliminate Selenium IDE compatibility.
- Finally, open your browser and drag the .xpi file you just downloaded for Selenium IDE over the browser window. That should install it on your browser.
Please note that, due to the possible security risks of using a backdated browser, ESR 45 should only be used for creating Rigor scripts. We do not recommend that using it for general browsing./