Scripted (Advanced) tests in Rigor Optimization enable you to execute a CasperJS script to analyze the content within a specific user flow.
Scripted tests make it possible to capture content that is only accessible after navigating through a common user flow on your site (like adding products to the cart), or to scan pages that require user interaction to load content (like a button click that initiates client-side XHR requests).
Creating Scripted Performance Tests with CasperJS
Use the following steps to get started with CasperJS in Rigor:
- Install CasperJS: http://docs.casperjs.org/en/latest/installation.html
- Getting started with practice and examples: http://docs.casperjs.org/en/latest/quickstart.html
- CasperJS Documentation and API reference: http://docs.casperjs.org/en/latest/modules/index.html
How to Create a Scripted Performance Test in Rigor Optimization:
From the top navigation, click + New Test > Create New Test > Advanced > Scripted
On the Advanced tab:
- CasperJS Script. Paste your CasperJS script in this field.
- Test Name (optional). Pick a unique, descriptive name so that we can determine the test's function at a glance.
On the Advanced tab (optional):
- Scanner Options. Customize the behavior of the performance scanner.
Learn more about Configuring Advanced Testing Options in Rigor Optimization
- Scripted performance tests are not included with every license. If this option is disabled in your account, contact your Rigor Administrator at your company or write into firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As true with any automated test, you may need to make updates and maintain the script over time. We provide basic debugging information if a Scripted test scan fails that can help with this ongoing maintenance.