Sometimes you may need to pause or mute a check, especially if you're working to resolve an active issue or if you need to update check steps to match new code recently pushed to production.
When you pause a Rigor Check it stops queueing to run and will not return data. When you mute a Rigor Check it will continue to run and collect data, but will not send alert notifications.
Note: Muted checks will continue to track alerts as failures in the Rigor app that could affect ‘Uptime’ metrics.
It’s easy to ‘Pause’ or ‘Mute’ Rigor checks:
- In Bulk
- Via the API with a Control Group
Pause or Mute an Individual Check
If a Rigor Check is already created and currently running and alerting:
- Navigate to the check that you’d like to pause or mute
- Select the action cog in the top right corner of the check read screen
- Select ‘Pause’ or ‘Mute’ from the dropdown
If you're creating or editing a Rigor Check and you'd like to keep the check from running or alerting while you work on the configuration:
- Navigate to the ‘Basic’ tab in the check edit form
- Click the ‘Check active’ toggle to pause a check or click the ‘Notifications active’ toggle to mute notifications
Pause or Mute with Bulk Change
To pause or mute Rigor checks with Bulk Change:
- Go to Admin > Bulk Change
- Use the checkbox or group tabs to select individual checks or groups of checks you’d like to edit
- Select from the ‘Mute’ or ‘Pause’ dropdown menus and select ‘Yes’ to pause or mute
Pause or Mute via the API with a Control Group
Before you can pause or mute checks in bulk with the API you must create a Control Group for the group of checks you'd like to be able to control together via the API.
After the Control Group is created then you can use a curl command to pause or mute checks.
curl https://monitoring.rigor.com/control_groups/23 -d post_token=8db8f0b014b701311a3a12313d158da3 -d command=custom -d mute=true -d pause=true
will mute and pause all of the checks that belong to the same Control Group.