Every Rigor Real Browser check or Uptime check requires that we set a primary user or group to receive notifications on the Basic tab.
In some cases we may want to escalate alerts to other users, groups, or systems if the initial alert to the primary user goes unacknowledged.
We can configure Escalations on the Advanced tab:
- Edit check > Advanced
- Scroll down to Escalations + Add Escalation
- Select a user to receive the escalated alert
- Select an amount of time (for example, if we’d like to notify a Next Level Ops Team if the initial alert was unacknowledged for 15 minutes we’d select ‘After 15 minutes’)
- Define how to send the alert - via email, phone, or text message
- (Optional) Specify escalations to send at any time or only during a specific time window
- (Optional) Check the box for ‘Repeat’ only if you’d like to resend alerts at the set frequency until the alert is acknowledged by a user
- As a best practice, we recommend that we don’t use escalate ‘Immediately’ and ‘Repeat’ options together, as this usually results in a flooded inbox.
- Escalations are based on the original alert time and not cumulative, so if we set two escalations to different users or groups for the same time frame those two users or groups will receive escalated alerts at the same time.
- Escalations only receive Failure alerts, not 'Back Online' ones