Real Browser v3 Platform Upgrade Changes
- Firefox 45 ESR
- Using this latest ESR version of Firefox means that Rigor is using a browser better suited to measuring your performance from an end user perspective.
- Since Firefox 45 is faster, more resources load before the on-load event fires, which may affect your overall load time measures.
- HTTP/2 Support
- Incorporating supporting the latest web protocol allows Rigor to take advantage of all of the benefits in speed, efficiency, and security that this technology allows.
- SSL/TLS Certificate Validation
- Larger Viewport Size
- Default viewport is now the new maximum size of
- Regular expression support in Excluded Files
- Legacy exclusions must be transitioned to properly escaped regular expressions (
rigor\.com) (this will be done automatically when accepting the platform upgrade)
- See this guide for writing regular expressions
Check Behavior Changes
- Pages that do not load within 120 seconds no longer cause a failure if a response code is returned
- The browser will stop the page load (equivalent to the stop button), but the check will continue
- Pages that take more than 120 seconds to load but do not return a response code will still fail (such as blackhole)
- The 120-second failure can be re-enabled by adding a threshold monitor
- Page source and full page screenshot capture are now done asynchronously
- Screenshot(s) are taken immediately after a failure occurs, even if the page is still loading, which provides more accurate debugging evidence for Rigor's users
- The check will now fail if interacting with an element that has another element on top of it
- Previous Selenium behavior was inconsistent – sometimes would interact with the top-most element instead of the intended element.
- Examples of this could be modals, pop-ups, or sticky headers.
- Data now collected from the native Firefox Network Panel
- SSL/TLS time moved from
- Removed 1000 request limit