You can use Control Groups in Rigor to control settings for a group of checks using a single command, configured in the application or via API calls.
For example, you can programmatically both pause groups of Rigor checks when pushing code to production and resume groups of checks when a build is complete. With this method, any downtime associated with code pushes won’t send alerts or affect performance stats.
How To Create a Control Group
- Admin > Control Groups > + New
- Name the Control Group
- From the left column, click to select checks to add to the Control Group
- Add Selected > to the right column
Control Checks in Groups Manually in the App
- Admin > Control Groups and select the name of the created group
- Use the Settings dropdown to apply settings to the group
In the settings dropdown, you can:
- Mute / Unmute: Toggles the notification muting feature on and off. When the check is muted, it will continue to monitor, but will not send any alerts.
- Pause / Resume: Toggles the pausing of the check. When the check is paused, it will not run or produce any results.
- Delete: Deletes the control group. (Note: this does not delete the checks belonging to the Control Group.)
Control Checks in Groups via the API
To utilize the API commands for Control Groups, you will just need to send a POST request to the Control Group URL and include your post_token along with any commands you wish to send.
Basic example in cURL:
curl https://monitoring.rigor.com/control_groups/[id] -d post_token=[post_token] -d command=[command]
Basic HTTP POST with query strings:
where [command] is one of the following:
Custom commands can perform multiple actions and we can supply any combination of mutes or pauses.
For example, this will unmute and pause all checks in the group.
curl https://monitoring.rigor.com/control_groups/[id] -d post_token=[post_token] -d command=custom -d mute=false -d pause=true