If we’re using web analytics applications – like Google Analytics or Omniture – we may want to ensure Rigor’s automated tests don’t impact analytics data.
There are the main ways to exclude Rigor from analytics:
- Exclude Rigor’s IPs or DNS from our third-party analytics with filter settings (e.g. Exclude internal traffic from Google Analytics with view filters).
- Exclude analytics files from loading when Rigor runs Real Browser checks
We can select excluded files from Rigor’s preset options or add custom exclusion rules.
Note: If we’d like to see the impact of our web analytics service on our site’s performance we should use IP addresses to filter within our analytics settings instead of adding Excluded Files in the Rigor app.
DNS exclusion in Google Analytics
- Follow Google's instructions to create a new filter for your view.
- Leave the Filter Type as Predefined.
- Click the Select filter type drop-down menu and select Exclude.
- Click the Select source or destination drop-down menu and select traffic from the IP addresses.
- Click the Select expression drop-down menu and select the appropriate expression.
- Enter Rigor's regular expression rigor\.com. See the screenshot below to confirm all settings.