When a Rigor Real Browser check or Uptime check fails it’s important to notify the right people to investigate whether a performance issue is affecting availability or performance.
For Real Browser checks and Uptime checks we can set up notification settings on the Basic tab:
- Select a user or group to notify
- Define how many times the check needs to fail before triggering an alert notification
- Specify how to notify the user or group - via email, phone, or text message
- If we want to notify a user or group that isn’t available in the dropdown we can create new users and groups under Admin Tools > Users and Groups
- As a best practice we recommend only notifying users after 2 or more consecutive errors
- (Optional) We can set specific hours for notifications, for example if we only want to notify during business hours or when a specific user is on shift
- Rigor’s alerts are based on a change of state (e.g. failed vs. back online), so the escalation alerts trigger based on the initial alert. By design Rigor does not alert on every failure, since it would create a lot of noise in one’s inbox and subsequently become ignored or take time away from those working to resolve a known issue that Rigor has identified.
Respond to Alerts
When we receive alerts from Rigor we can review the status and details of the check alert. If we click through on the ‘Alert Information’ link we can see the alert in Rigor and acknowledge the alert:
Take ownership of an alert to acknowledge that it’s under review and prevent any escalation alerts from sending.