At Rigor, we provide crucial data to help our clients ensure that their websites are running smoothly. When issues arise, we recognize that it can sometimes be difficult to figure out where to begin troubleshooting. In order to make your experience using Rigor as easy as possible, and to ultimately save you time, we’ve created a series of troubleshooting checklists for the most common support issues.
Here’s how to diagnose a check that failed on a specific step in a Real Browser script (i.e. user flow):
Optional Make a copy of the check for testing
- Open the check dashboard and search for the affected time period
- When did the check fail? Is there a pattern amongst other failed runs?
- Does the check regularly fail on the same step, or intermittently?
- Is this the first time the check has failed on this step?
- Was the alert for a specific location or across locations?
- Knowing this can help narrow down the scope of troubleshooting
- In the check settings hit ‘Test’ and look at the screenshots
- Look for clues in the steps preceding the failure
Were recent changes made to the page or site that may have affected the check?
- Open ‘Inspect Element’ in browser and replicate steps locally until you reach the page with the failed step
- Select Command(/Control) + F and search for selector to confirm it’s present on the corresponding page
- If there are other selectors for the element, try them out and hit ‘Test’ in Rigor
- This Scripting Guide is a great resource for setting up and troubleshooting Real Browser checks: https://help.rigor.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004952988-Real-Browser-Check-Scripting-Guide
Still running into issues? Contact Rigor Support with the information you’ve uncovered from following the steps above
Download this checklist here: