At Rigor, we provide crucial data to help our clients ensure that their websites are running smoothly. When issues arise, we recognize that it can sometimes be difficult to figure out where to begin troubleshooting. In order to make your experience using Rigor as easy as possible, and to ultimately save you time, we’ve created a series of troubleshooting checklists for the most common support issues.
Here’s how to investigate Real Browser and Uptime checks that failed due to server errors:
- Open the check dashboard and search for the affected time period
- Have the failures been happening often or was it one-off?
- One-off errors are harder to diagnose, if at all
- Was the alert for a specific location or across locations?
- Knowing this can help narrow down the scope of troubleshooting
What is the check’s user agent?
- Available in ‘Edit’ > ‘Advanced’
What recent changes were made to the page or site that may have affected the check?
Check your server logs during the affected timeframe for clues
- For Real Browser checks - Available in the first resource in the waterfall chart, under ‘Remote Address’
- For Uptime checks - Available for failed runs under 'Nslookup'
Check with your DNS provider for any issues during the affected timeframe
- The IP Addresses of Rigor’s Monitoring Locations can be found here: https://monitoring.rigor.com/hubs
- Check your site status: http://whysitedown.com/
Download this checklist here: