At Rigor, we provide crucial data to help our clients ensure that their websites are running smoothly. When issues arise, we recognize that it can sometimes be difficult to figure out where to begin troubleshooting. In order to make your experience using Rigor as easy as possible, and to ultimately save you time, we’ve created a series of troubleshooting checklists for the most common support issues.
If you suspect that an alert has not been sent, please reach out to Rigor Support. Before doing so, however, there are a couple of steps you can take to confirm it:
- Open the check page and look for how the check is configured to send notifications
- Find in ‘Edit’ > ‘Basic’
- Check your user settings to make sure you are set up to receive email/sms/call alerts.
- Find in Top Menu (profile photo) > ‘Settings’ > ‘Edit’
- If using an Alert Webhook, run ‘Test’ to confirm it works (only available to admin users)
- Find In Top Menu (3 dots) > ‘Alert Webhooks’ > ‘Edit’
Search back to the first run that failed during the affected time period
- Were any alerts sent at all? (Including Escalations and ‘Back Online’ alerts)
- Yes? - Rigor sends one initial alert when a check has failed and remains silent until it’s Back Online (unless the check has escalations configured). This is to avoid flooding inboxes.
- No? - Contact Rigor Support with the information you’ve uncovered from following the steps above
For more information on how to configure alerts in Rigor, check out the following articles:
Download this article here: