The network throttling feature allows you to simulate different connection speeds for Single Page, Bulk Pages, Website, and Scripted tests. This allows more flexibility to better monitor what your users experience, be they on 3G, LTE, or DSL.
Read more about the best uses for network throttling on our blog!
How to Set Up
- Create a new test and visit Advanced > Browser Configuration
- Select a network connection from the dropdown list
- You could also create a 'Custom' connection, which allows you to specify a Packet Loss rate
- Finally, you could turn off all network throttling by selecting 'Unthrottled Connection'
- Hit 'Start'
- To view connection information, click the info button in the scan results
Need to Know
- All Single Page, Bulk Pages, Website, and Scripted tests created prior to December 11, 2017 will default to an Unthrottled Connection
- All Single Page, Bulk Pages, Website, and Scripted tests created on or after December 11, 2017 will default to a Cable Connection (Download bandwidth = 20 Mbps, Upload bandwidth = 5 Mbps, Latency = 28 milliseconds)